What is an online doctor visit?
A Doctor visit online is the use of electronic information and telecommunication technology to get the health care you need while practicing social distancing. All you need is a phone or device with the internet to continue your medical care while protecting yourself and your healthcare provider from COVID-19. Speak with your doctor to determine whether telemedicine is appropriate for your health needs.
Why is an online doctor visit important now?
To decrease your contact with healthcare facilities, other patients, and healthcare staff in order to reduce the risk of COVID-19 or Coronavirus and keep you and your family healthy.
What are the benefits of an online doctor visit?
- Allows you to talk to your doctor live over the phone or video chat
- Allows you to send and receive messages from your doctor using chat messaging or email
- Allows for remote monitoring of patients
- Save on travel time/ transportation costs
- Reduced wait time for services
- Reduced number of visits to the clinic
When can you use telemedicine?
- To contact your healthcare provider about the management of your health generally or about management of an existing health condition during the COVID-19 outbreak.
What types of care can you receive by seeing a physician online?
- Screening for COVID-19, testing recommendations, and guidance on isolation or quarantine
- General health care (i.e. wellness visits, blood pressure control, advice about certain non-emergency illnesses, like common rashes)
- Prescriptions for medication
- Nutrition counseling
- Mental health counseling
How do you connect with a healthcare provider to schedule an online physician visit?
- You can register here and instantly see a health specialist that will review your medical history, consult with you one on one, and assist you with your health concerns.